NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2024 – The National Basketball Association (NBA) has announced the five companies that will be part of the third group of participants in NBA Launchpad, a league initiative aimed at identifying, evaluating and testing emerging technologies that can advance key basketball and business issues. The group includes three companies focused on improving the game and two others focused on enriching the fan experience.
The following companies will now begin a six-month immersive process, which includes direct support from the NBA and related access to its resources, to further develop their technologies. At the conclusion of the program, NBA Launchpad companies will present their projects to NBA executives, strategic partners and investors at a Demo Day to be held during the NBA 2K25 Summer League in Las Vegas in July.
“NBA Launchpad continues to support cutting-edge tech startups to stay at the forefront of basketball innovation“, stated Tom Ryan, NBA vice president for Basketball Strategy. “Collaboration with these talented entrepreneurs is inspiring in our approach and has the potential to revolutionize the game“.
“Collaborating with NBA Launchpad companies gives us the opportunity to explore innovative new ways to improve fan experience and engagement“, said Jason Bieber, NBA vice president of New Business Ventures. “This year’s Group of pioneering companies gives us yet another opportunity to put our fans at the center of everything we do“.
The NBA Launchpad 2024 program, as described below, features companies from four countries: the United States, Denmark, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Companies at the forefront of gaming innovation
– Reboot Motion (Los Angeles): Motion analysis platform that helps large organizations excel in large-scale biomechanics.
– Tonsser (Copenhagen, Denmark): Digital product and community that enables young athletes to monitor their performance, improve their skills, compare and compete with peers, and access opportunities.
– Plantiga (Vancouver, Canada): Advanced sensors inside the shoe with artificial intelligence-based insights that track load, performance, and asymmetries step by step during training and competition.
Companies focused on optimizing fan experience
– TextQL (New York): An artificial intelligence-based platform that helps non-technical users autonomously obtain real-time information for data-driven decisions.
– Dimension Studio (London): Real-time 3D production studio and platform for virtual worlds, virtual human figures and virtual sports.
For more information, you can visit the NBA Launchpad website or contact by email [email protected].