***In this previous Chelsea vs. Bournemouth. In addition, how both teams arrive and possible casualties
English league action continues with quality matches on the popular Boxing Day.
Matchday 17 is played and it is Chelsea’s turn, who will face Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge in London, at 2:30 pm (Chilean time).
Both teams come to this match in need of points: the local in search of a victory that puts it in the fight for Europe and the visitors want to escape the relegation zone.
The team led by Graham Potter He is ninth with 21 points, 5 away from entering European competitions. They have a record of 6 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses.
For its part, Bournemouth, after a difficult start, has managed to escape the red zone. It is in box 14 with 16 points, only 3 units separates them from relegation. They have not won away from home for 5 games.
Stay in this article so you can read all the information about Chelsea vs. Bournemouth.
Previous Chelsea vs. Bournemouth: How do the teams arrive?
Chelsea comes into this game with 4 consecutive defeats among all competitions. In their last duel for the Premier they fell by the minimum against Newcastle.
While the World Cup was being played, they played a friendly against Aston Villa and lost 0-1.
An important fact is that they accumulate 4 duels with the wet artillery, since they have not scored since November 2.
While Bournemouth on matchday 16 of the English league beat Everton 3-0 at home. Marcus Tavernier, Kieffer Moore, and Jaidon Anthony they scored the goals.
In the week before Christmas they lost the League Cup 1-0 against Newcastle.
As a visitor they have 3 losses and 2 draws, and they will seek to break that streak.
Leaves and absences
Both teams have a hospital. They add 13 casualties between the two, counting the doubts, injured and absent.
Chelsea is the most affected team with 8 casualties. The cherries only with 5.
- Armando Broja He has a knee injury, he will arrive in August of next year.
- Nor will it be Wesley Fofana Due to the same injury, they expect him in mid-January.
- Ben Chillwell and Kante they will not be in the game due to a hamstring injury.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek Cesar Azpilicueta will also be out due to a calf injury. The latter will wait until hours close to the game.
- While Hakim Ziyech and Mateo Kovacic They are absent for small vacations after the World Cup.
- Both Neto and David Brooks They will not be due to a hamstring injury. Both are expected in January 2023.
- Lloyd Kelly He will not be out of the game either due to an ankle injury.
- Besides, Marcus Tavernier and Ryan Fredericks They are doubts due to gastrointestinal discomfort.
Chelsea vs. Bournemouth: Which players could stand out?
For the Blues
raheem sterling He is the player to put the magnifying glass on tomorrow’s duel. He is the team’s top scorer along with Havertz. He has 1 assist in 12 games played.
The other footballer who could stand out is Havertz. He collaborated in the team’s goalscoring quota with 3 goals. In addition, he has 80% pass efficiency and 7 scoring chances.
Jorginho is the other player to take into consideration. Although he doesn’t contribute many goals, his work in midfield is essential, especially in transitions.
For the Cherries
The player to watch is the Danish Philip Billing. He has 4 goals and one assist in 1141 minutes played. He is one of the players who has played the most for Bournemouth.
He has 77% effectiveness in his passes, 50% in dribbling and 9 goal opportunities. He has contributed on defense with 20 clearances, 17 headed clearances and 10 steals.
Chelsea vs. bournemouth
Possible Chelsea lineup
“The Blues” may come out with a 4-3-3 but that can change to 4-3-1-2 or 3-4-3 during the game. The eleven would be the following:
- kepa under the three sticks;
- In theory, four in the background. Reece James on the right wing, Chalobah and Koulibaly as center backs and left back Marc Cucurella.
- Jorginho, Mason Mount and Conor Gallagher in midfield.
- Raheem Sterling, Kai Havertz and Aubameyang as strikers.
Possible Bournemouth line-up
Manager Gary O’Neil may go with the classic 4-4-2 to face Chelsea. Of the last 5 games, in 3 they used this formation.
- Mark Travers it would be the goalkeeper;
- Adam Smith as a right back Marcos Senesi and Chris Mepham the center pair and Jordan Zemura on the left wing.
- Ryan Christie, Lewis Cook, Jefferson Lerma, and Philip Billing They would be the midfielders.
- Kieffer Moore and Dominic Solanke like spikes
Where to watch Chelsea vs. bournemouth
The game between Chelsea and Bournemouth will be valid for matchday 17. It will be broadcast by Star+ throughout Latin America.
The duel is scheduled for 2:30 pm (Chile time). And it will be at Stamford Bridge, home of Chelsea.